Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

"Not So Much" about... Evans UK

A few weeks back I blogged about how excited I was to discover the plus size clothing store Evans in the UK. True to my word, a few days after I wrote the blog I placed my first order, paying via PayPal.

A few days after placing my order, I receive an rather vague email from Evans saying how much they value my purchase and my security and for "security purposes" they are cancelling my order and that they will refund my PayPal account. Needless to say I was puzzled.

As I've mentioned in previous postings, I've worked as a Customer Service Representative for over 15 years, and because of my history, I know that the interactions with the Customer Service Team of a company can guarantee a lifelong customer... or guarantee someone will never place a future order. Sadly, my experience attempting to simply find out why my order was cancelled and the inability to take my request seriously has caused me to boycott the company. Rather than write about it, I will share the email exchange between Evans Customer Service and myself:

From: Miss Moons Musings
Date: 03/06/2010 21:12:04
To: feedback@evans.co.uk

Subject: Evans Order #***********

Dear Sir or Madam:

I recently read about your site on a blog and was very excited about the abundance of fashionable attire offered on your site. I even blogged about the goodies I had planned on buying come payday! (http://missmoonsmusings.blogspot.com/2010/05/drools-plus-size-clothing-from-evans-in.html)

True to my word, I placed an order the following day and was very excited about receiving my order. Imagine my surprise when I receive an email informing me that my order has been canceled due to "security reasons"... reasons that were not clearly specified in the (I am assuming) template form letter. I paid via PayPal, which I'd imagine would be confirmation enough that my order was on the up and up. I guess the main reason I write this is that I am hoping that I could be advised as to what exactly the problem was so that I can avoid this error when making future purchases. Upon review of the order, there are two possible reasons why my order was canceled:

-I misspelled my last name wrong in the billing address: Not my finest hour, but I will own up to the fact.
-I was having my purchase shipped to an alternate address (specifically, my work address). I live in a multi-unit building in NYC, so it is not convenient to have parcels shipped there simply it's not a guarantee that someone will be home to accept delivery. This is why I prefer to have my orders shipped to my employer, as I am here for 9 hours each business day.

So any insight and advise you can provide regarding this purchase will be greatly appreciated. As I said before, I was very excited about ordering from Evans, and I would love to tell my blog followers that there was a happy ending to the story.

Thank you, in advance, for your attention to this matter.

From: Evans Customer Service
To: Miss Moon's Musings
Sent: Sun, Jun 6, 2010 6:15 am
Subject: Re: Evans Order #***********

Dear Mr/Ms Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email received 3 June 2010. I am sorry you are having difficulties accessing your account. I have reset your password for you. You will receive a separate email soon, please follow the onscreen instructions and you should be able to log back in.

Regards,

Alice
Evans Customer Service

From: Miss Moon's Musings
To: customer.service@evans.co.uk
Sent: Sun, Jun 6, 2010 2:59 pm
Subject: Re: Evans Order #*********

Dear Alice,

I have a feeling you did not read my email at all. I did not mention difficulty accessing my account, as I know my password and can access it with no difficulty.

My inquiry was about Evans Order #*********** - which was cancelled by your company citing "security reasons". All I request is for information as to why my order was cancelled. I'd like to attempt to reorder my items and would be grateful if you'd explain what I did wrong to have my order cancelled. Please refer to my previous email, which I had included below for your perusal.

It's quite frustrating that 3 days after my inquiry I get a response that has absolutely nothing to do with it's content. I am starting to believe that this company does not want my patronage!


Three days passed and I had not received a response, so I figured I would email again, hoping the next representative I received would assist me in getting to the bottom of this matter:

From: Miss Moon's Musings
To: customer.service@evans.co.uk
Sent: Wed, Jun 9, 2010 2:24 pm
Subject: Evans Order #*********

Dear Sir and/or Madam:

Below, please find emails to your customer service department inquiring about my first order with your company, Order #**********. My order was cancelled, citing "security reasons", and I was inquiring how I could prevent future orders with your company from being cancelled.

I responded to Alice's email and have not yet received a response. This is why I am resubmitting my request for more information on why my order was cancelled. I have no difficulty accessing my account and do not require my password being reset.

As I mentioned in my previous email, I wrote quite a bit about placing an order with Evans on my blog and would love to be able to follow up with my readers with the merchandise I purchased, not with this story about how Customer Service is ignoring my request for more information.

Again, please advise what I did wrong so that I will be able to place future orders without incident.

Many Thanks, in advance, for your attention to this email.

Today is June 21, 2010 and I haven't heard a single peep from Evans about my order. I went as far as to post an inquiry on their FaceBook page and it was promptly deleted and ignored. There aren't a great deal of options for fashionable attire for women of size, but I would rather rock something more expensive than to give a single penny of my hard-earned money to Evans, if this is how they treat their customers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment