Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, December 10, 2012

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

" Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success. "
~ Bo Bennett

" Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe. "
~ Sumner Redstone

" I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. "
~ Tony Robbins

It's been a month at the new job, and I love my job a great deal. But with the amount of (voluntary) overtime I've been working lately I feel like I'm still struggling with maintaining all of the things I had done in my life while still unemployed that were helpful to my personal growth.

I still manage to walk (I walk from the job to the West 4 Street train station, which is about a mile. Then from the Clinton and Washington Avenue station in Brooklyn to home, another mile), but I'm not making 5 miles a day anymore.

I still start the day with my gratitude list, but I admit that sometimes I oversleep after a late night and rush through it, not really taking the time to really feel and express the thankfulness I believe is necessary for the list to feel genuine.

And the worst hit by this shift in my life is this blog. It has been really difficult to find the time, despite having a ton of (I hope) great ideas that I am very keen on blogging about. And each time I would attempt to put together my thoughts, fatigue would set in, and I would ultimately close my laptop and opt to get the much-needed sleep my body is craving.

So frustration was definitely the dominant emotion I was feeling for the past few weeks. I am very proud of the readers of this blog, and it's a horrible feeling to think that I've let anyone down by not posting. I know that I've let myself down by not putting the care and attention into my life and my self improvement that I had in the past few months.

Fortunately, it seems that the shift in my schedule is becoming more familiar to me now. And my attitude has certainly shifted a great deal as well. Why emphasize the fact that I ONLY walked 2 miles? Why not celebrate the fact that I walked after working a long and tiring shift?


In retrospect, I am grateful for the frustration I felt. I allowed me to reflect on the situation and come to the conclusion that it was my attitude that needed adjusting, not my schedule. I have heard that frustration can be an excellent motivator, but had not really seen evidence of it until just recently.

So today's Music Therapy with Miss Moon song choice is about frustration we can sometimes feel. Honor your feelings, and allow them to teach you and steer you in the right direction. I hope you all will be inspired by "The Way I Feel" by the fabulous Asa.



I feel pain when they try to bring me down
But as long as this world keeps turning round
I know it won't last forever
Ok ok my life is moving
But demons are fighting
Ok ok tears are dry now
But demons are fighting

I feel like I'm floating through existence
I feel like I'm living after time
I feel like I'm forced to break the silence
Is that a crime? Is that a crime?
I feel like we're all following shadows
And shadows they don't know where to go
I feel like I'm waiting for tomorrow
While today wastes away

It's not that I don't know
It's not that I can't see
It's not that I haven't noticed
It's driving me insane
It's not that I don't know
It's not that I can't see
It's just the way I feel
It's just the way I feel

I feel like a child without a father
And mama tries oh lord knows mama tries
I feel like the world is on my shoulder
I wonder why, wonder why
I feel like I'm not the only one who's frustrated
I feel like something's going wrong
I can't escape it
I feel like the destinies of those meant
To be the best
Are in the hands of liars now the world is on fire

I feel like we're not angry enough
That while we wait, time's ticking away
I feel there's gonna be an explosion!

It's not that I don't know
It's not that I can't see
It's not that I haven't noticed
It's driving me insane
It's not that I don't know
It's not that I can't see
It's just the way I feel
It's just the way I feel




No comments:

Post a Comment