Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, February 25, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

Optimist: Day-dreamer more elegantly spelled.
~ Mark Twain

" What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise."
~ Oscar Wilde

" The optimism of a healthy mind is indefatigable."
~ Margery Allingham

" March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path."
~ Khalil Gibran

Confession time: I haven' been faring too well in the optimism department as of late. I've been going through the motions with my daily gratitude list, but haven't been putting the love and happiness into it. So it should come as no surprise to me that I've allowed pessimism and negativity to creep into my daily life. No more, though.

I'm learning that a bright and optimistic spirited can change upon circumstance and from the neglect of it. Instead of devoting energy to wringing my hands and dwelling on the "could-a would-a should-as", I will use it to nurture gratitude for my life and acknowledging the optimistic spirit within me.


Days after coming to this conclusion, I received a significant sign from the Universe that I was headed in the right direction. I found a Hamsa, or a Hand of Fatima on my way to work, a symbol I've always loved. I love and am so grateful for the moments in my life when I receive instant confirmation that I've found the better way I've been seeking.

And to celebrate this discovery, I share with all of you today's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon. I hope you all will enjoy Ben Harper's "Better Way" and that it will usher forth a better way for all of us.


i'm a living sunset
lightning in my bones
push me to the edge
but my will is stone

fools will be fools
and wise will be wise
but i will look this world
straight in the eyes

what good is a man
who won't take a stand
what good is a cynic
with no better plan

(hope these words feel pleasant
as they rest upon your ears)

reality is sharp
it cuts at me like a knife
everyone i know
is in the fight of their life

take your face out of your hands
and clear your eyes
you have a right to your dreams
and don't be denied

i believe in a better way




No comments:

Post a Comment