Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best of Brooklyn: B.A.M.'s DanceAfrica 2011 Bazaar

Today was Chris' birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than by heading over to B.A.M.'s annual DanceAfrica Bazaar, which happens every Memorial Day Weekend in Brooklyn!! We had a beautiful time!!



Each year the streets surrounding the Brooklyn Academy of Music are transformed into an African Bazaar, where people from all over come listen to amazing music, eat delicious foods, and shop 'til they drop!!!





I was walking around, enamored with the fashionable women walking around, not to mention the abundance of natural hair. Speaking of natural hair, I was staring at a woman's shirt, imagining myself doing a run-by like Smokey in "Friday", "Break yo'self, fool!!!", when she approached me, recognizing me from the blog.


See what I mean about that top?!? Sooo CUTE!!! It was the beautiful Deitra of Bohemian Soul.. we've been Bloggy Buddies for years and have never met before, despite living really close to each other! You GOTTA love the Bazaar for making friends. :)

I couldn't wait to check out her accessories. I ended up purchasing a gorgeous flower headband, which I rocked for the rest of the day and when Chris and I met up with my BFF Natasha, her honey Rob and his beautiful Mother -



Natasha was looking absolutely stunning in a beautiful African Print Dress.


Such a lovely, lovely lady!!!

We all had a blast walking around in that intense heat, and I know I went home tired, but insanely happy with some definitely drool worthy goodies!!



Some bangles, a couple of pairs of earrings and the beautiful floral headband from Bohemian Soul!!




I got me a African Print bag!! Whoo Hooo! I am so excited about wearing this bag. If I wasn't exhausted, I'd been swapping out purses, STAT!! LOL

All in all, we had a beautiful time at the DanceAfrica Bazaar... it's definitely one of Brooklyn's Best!!!

4 comments:

  1. See! This is why I need to live in NY! We dont' have events like Bazaars often enough! Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, girl!! You should definitely come visit us in Brooklyn. Summer is the best time, we have free concerts, farmer's markets and two of the best African Bazaars - this one and the African Arts Festival held around the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have your blue earrings in orange, I am IN LOVE with all of the African prints and I want to hang out in Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Juanette - We definitely have similar taste in jewelry!!! :)

    You and Reiko should definitely come visit us in Brooklyn!!! I'd love to play tour guide!!

    ReplyDelete