Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Miss Moon's Musing About: A Happy Born-Day to My Shero....


.... Cree Summer!!!

Since I was still rocking pigtails, Cree Summer has been the bee's knees to me and continues to be to this day!


I could not let the birthday of my big sister (in my head!) to go without speaking on it and sharing how much Cree Summer has meant to me and how much of an inspiration she is to me to this day!


So much of who I am as an adult has been a result of her ridiculously phenomenal (and ridiculously slept on) albums, "Womb Amnesia" (with the band, Subject to Change) and "Street Faerie". Her music helped me survive an unhealthy relationship, it helped me to walk away, and it helped me to pick the pieces back up.


I have not yet been blessed with the opportunity to meet Cree in person, or to hear her perform the songs that have touched my heart, but both remain at the very top of my bucket list.


I don't know for certain if these words will ever reach Cree (since she's called herself "Amish 2000" on occasion!) but if they do, I hope that she knows that I was sending her oceans of love, gratitude and light on her birthday!!!

Happy Happy Birthday to Cree Summer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment