Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, July 1, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere."
~ François de la Rochefoucauld

" No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along."
~ Dr. Joyce Brothers

" Single as a dollar and I’m not looking for change."
~ Unknown

Recently I met a man who expressed interest in me. I am single and open to the prospect of a relationship, so I thought I would give him a chance. During our interactions, several red flags began to raise. Like red RED flags. Without getting into the whole long boring story, he was a bit of a superficial idiot. He was a successful man who felt that the only thing he had to offer was his wealth, and he thought that any woman with him should be not only happy to, but be GRATEFUL for the opportunity to be his arm candy.

Ummm, no.

I let him know that I didn't think I was the woman he was looking for, and was quite certain he was not the man I was looking for. And I stopped talking to him, after wishing him luck in finding what he's after.

After I made the decision to end this budding relationship, I started wondering if I had made a mistake. I mean, I'm single.... I'm not getting any younger... nobody's perfect... blah blah blah. In thinking about my past relationships, and realized that I chose to ignore red flags with that same reasoning in mind. And where did that get me? No place I wanted to be.

I'm pretty proud of myself for choosing my single life instead of situating myself in a relationship I don't want. Being single is lonely at times, but I can say with experience that the feeling of being stuck with someone you know is wrong for you is the loneliest feeling in the world!


Making the choice not to settle? What better way to show God what you are looking for than to say no to what you are not? Having the chutzpah to wait for the love you want? That's an act of faith!

Today's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon is in celebration of having faith that the right love, a real love is just around the corner. I hope you all will enjoy "I Believe in Love" by The Dixie Chicks.



I made a promise to myself
Locked it away deep down inside
Told my heart we'd wait it out
Swore we'd never compromise
Oh I'd rather be alone
Like I am tonight
Than settle for the kind of love
That fades before the morning light

Silence stared me in the face
And I finally heard its voice
It seemed to softly say
That in love you have a choice
Today i got the answer
And there's a world of truth behind it
Love is out there waiting somewhere
You just have to go and find it

I believe in love, I believe in love
A love that's real, love that's strong
Love that lives on and on
Yes I believe in love
Yes I believe in love




No comments:

Post a Comment