Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, July 8, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
~ Bob Marley

“ Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.
~ Maya Angelou

" Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
~ Marianne Williamson

For someone who is a big advocate of expressing gratitude in the daily life, I have to be honest. Until recently I hadn't been keeping up with my daily gratitude list. It happens. I don't beat myself up for it, but I do realize what happens when I don't take the time to reflect on the good moments of each day.

I noticed that negativity became all I thought about: I was constantly angry, constantly annoyed, constantly disappointed, constantly uncomfortable, and constantly insecure. Even the positive things that entered my life seemed lackluster. It ended with me having a super case of the blues on one lousy, lousy day.

When faced with a sadness that felt thick enough to choke me, I challenged myself to find 10 things I was grateful for that day. And I did it... With facing that challenge and finding gratitude in what I thought was the shittiest day imaginable, my spirit felt lighter. I felt like that awful bad day wasn't so awful and wasn't so bad. And like that... my gratitude list ritual resumed.

I won't lie to you or myself and say I learned my lesson and will never ignore my gratitude lists. But I do know that if I do, I will try to get back into the attitude of gratitude much, much faster.


For this week's song choice for Music Therapy, I decided to use a modern take on a old school message of gratitude. I hope you all will enjoy Omar and Erykah Badu's version of the William DeVaughn hit, "Be Thankful". And I hope that it will remind you to appreciate everything in your life, starting with the fact that you're alive!!



Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall

Just be thankful for what you've got
Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back

You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got

Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall

Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh



No comments:

Post a Comment