So here are 5 ways to help out:
- Text "Yele" to 501501 and $5 will be charged to your phone bill and given to relief projects through Wyclef Jean's foundation, Yele Haiti, or you can make a donation directly to their website http://www.yele.org/
- CARE has deployed an emergency team to Port-au-Prince today to assist in recovery efforts. Their area of focus is rescuing children who may still be trapped in schools that collapsed. Make a donation to CARE
- 100% of your donation will go to the relief effort if you make a donation to the Baptist Haiti Mission. They are currently operating an 82-bed hospital that is "overflowing with injured.", and can definitely use the help. Make a donation to http://www.bhm.org/bhm/index.php
- Doctors Without Borders has BEEN in Haiti and has already set up clinics to treat the growing number of injured. Donate any amount so they can keep their efforts going by visiting http://doctorswithoutborders.org/.
- The American Red Cross has pledged $200,000 (which isn't a whole helluva lot, let's be honest). They expect to provide immediate needs for food, water, temporary shelter, medical services and emotional support. They are accepting donations through their International Response Fund by going to http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main .
For more ideas go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/haiti-earthquake-relief-h_n_421014.html
Peace from Brooklyn & Prayers for Haiti!!!