Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, June 11, 2012

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

There is a space between man's imagination and man's attainment that may only be traversed by his longing
~ Kahlil Gibran

"You don't have to go looking for love when it's where you come from."
~ Werner Erhard

I've talked a bit about "the single life" and my thoughts about being single after being in a  relationship for several years. Most days, I really don't think much about it. Being single is just something I am, like being black and having natural hair. It's just something that.. is.

But I do admit there are days where I've gotten more than a little bit blue about my love life, and days when cynicism got the better of me and I resigned myself to being a "confirmed old bachelorette" one day... sort of like a female Henry Higgins. LOL


But I am a lot of things, but long-term cynic is not one of them. I am a proud Pollyanna on most occasions. So one day, I decided to stop fussin' about my love life. To stop mopin', to stop frettin', to stop feeling crappy about it. Just like a great job, a great man will come into my life in due time. And I refuse to pull my hair out about what's lacking in my world. I think it's more important to focus and show gratitude for everything that makes existence wonderful. Like music!

I decided to go out and look for a song that when I felt blue and longing for love that could articulate that desire without feeling pathetic about it. A song that was also really very fun. Fun in a "do a silly dance and cackle about it" way. Luckily... I didn't have to search for very long. And in finding such a song, I immediately thought to share it as a Music Therapy with Miss Moon pick. So I hope you all will enjoy "Summer Samba (So Nice)". I do believe this will also mark my first boss nova tune on the blog! LOL




Someone to hold me tight, that would be very nice
Someone to love me right, that would be very nice
Someone to understand each little dream in me
Someone to take my hand, to be a team with me

So nice, life would be so nice, if one day I'd find
Someone who would take my hand
And samba through life with me
Someone to cling to me, stay with me right or wrong
Someone to sing to me some little samba song
Someone to take my heart and give his heart to me
Someone who's ready to give love a start with me

Oh yes, that would be so nice
Shouldn't be you and me
I can see it would be nice

Someone to cling to me, stay with me right or wrong
Someone to sing to me, some little samba song
Someone to take my heart and give his heart to me
Someone who's ready to give love a start with me

So nice, that would be so nice
Shouldn't be you and me
I can see it could be nice





No comments:

Post a Comment