Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, September 19, 2009

DIY Nappturaliciously: Deep Conditioning with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak

I think I've finally figured out a routine for washing and deep conditioning my hair so that it's not an oily, frizzy mess by the time the work weeks starts.

The previous week, I waited until Sunday to wash, deep condition and braid my hair and when I took my hair out on Monday morning, it was still a bit damp. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I braid my hair with DOO GRO® Triple Strength Medicated Hair Vitalizer, and since I didn't have the opportunity to let it absorb in my hair, it was oily as hell and frizzy. By the end of the week, I had hair that was oily at the roots and dry and crunchy at the ends... and that's NOT hot! lol

So despite the fact that I was tired from work and had to go grocery shopping on Friday, I washed, deep-co'd, and braided my hair up that night:



I started by sectioning my hair into four and braided them loosely. Then, while in the shower, I undo a section, finger comb to detangle while under the shower, add shampoo (I am currently using Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair ), comb shampoo through with a shampoo comb, rinse and braid that section back up.

Once I was done with my whole head, I tried a new Deep Conditioner this time, that was recommended by Twitter friend @sugahjones (Thanks, girl).



Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak.... It's my first time using it, and so far, I'm diggin' it. The smell wasn't really what I expected it to be (it smells a bit like Like 'Em Aid!), but it has a nice slip. I ended up using two packs on my hair, and I kept it in for two hours, and my hair was silky when I washed it out. I am going to keep using it for about a month and if I am 100% satisfied with the results, I will keep using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment