Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kanye, Kanye, Kanye....

Never have I felt so much like Joan Morgan. Joan, in case, you didn't know, is the author of the FANTASTIC book, "When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost : My Life as A Hip Hop Feminist"

While I find Kanye's actions toward Taylor Swift despicable, I immediately find myself bristling when I see the violent and racist words spoken about him online. An amazing article from Media Assassin questions if Kanye's actions secured his position as the new "OJ".







I find myself so torn about this whole situation. On the one hand, I do not like the fact that Taylor Swift had a wonderful moment taken from her so disrespectfully. And I don't like the fact that Kanye thought picking on that young woman was acceptable. But I do think someone from Taylor Swift's camp should condemn the "lynching" speech, as Beyonce in her own way condemned Kanye's outburst.

All in all, I think we have a lot more important matters to be discussing (health care debate, anyone?) and focusing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment