Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, September 6, 2009

DIY Nappturaliciously: Post Kinky Twists Braid Out

Hey y'all, since I didn't really blog much about my hair care during my two months in kinky twists, I thought I would do a blog to show how I've been maintaining my hair after taking the extensions out.

Like I mentioned in my previous blog, I deep conditioned the hell out of my hair after I took the kinky twists out. I followed that up by putting my hair in several braids.

Usually, when I braid my hair, I use DOO GRO® Triple Strength Medicated Hair Vitalizer.



But since I was all out of it, I used some Carol's Daughter Kizzy Stay Put Hair Pomade.


Each time I parted my hair to section off, I rubbed a liberal amount of Tropic Isle's Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Has anybody tried their hair product line yet? Feedback, feedback!)



I left the braids in my hair for about three days and I took them out yesterday, where I attempted my first afro-hawk (which I think came out great!). Of course, I completely didn't think to take pictures (Doh!) but here are a couple of pictures of the braid out in all its glory. Enjoy!





I plan on rocking the afro-hawk for my first day of work on Tuesday, and I promise to try to snap a couple of pics for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment