Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, October 19, 2009

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

Starting today... I want every woman who reads this blog to listen to this every morning after waking and every night before bed for a week!









Blackalicious - Ego-trip ft Nikki Giovanni

I was born in the Congo.
I walked to the Fertile Crescent and built the sphinx.
I designed a pyramid so tough that a star
that only glows every one hundred years falls
into the center giving divine perfect light.

I am bad.

I sat on the throne
drinking nectar with Allah.
I got hot and sent an ice age to Europe
to cool my thirst.

My oldest daughter is Nefertiti.
The tears from my birth pains
created the Nile.

I am a beautiful woman.
I gazed on the forest and burned
out the Sahara desert.

With a packet of goat's meat
and a change of clothes,
I crossed it in two hours.

I am a gazelle so swift,
so swift you can't catch me.

For a birthday present when he was three,
I gave my son Hannibal an elephant.
He gave me Rome for mother's day.

My strength flows ever on.
My son Noah built an ark and
I stood proudly at the helm
as we sailed on a soft summer day.

I turned myself into myself and was Jesus.

Men intone my loving name.

All praises all praises,
I am the one who would save.

I sowed diamonds in my back yard.
My bowels deliver uranium.
The filings from my fingernails are
semi-precious jewels.

On a trip north,
I caught a cold and blew
my nose giving oil to the Arab world.

I am so hip even my errors are correct.

I sailed west to reach east and had to round off
the earth as I went.

The hair from my head thinned and gold was laid
across three continents.

I am so perfect so divine so ethereal so surreal.
I cannot be comprehended except by my permission.

I mean...
I can fly
like a bird in the sky...


No comments:

Post a Comment