Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, December 18, 2010

:::drools::: Rashida Jones-style for Plus Size Fashionistas

I L-O-V-E love Rashida Jones' style. That woman can rock a blazer with an ensemble like no one's business. Since that has been my style ideal for ages, I've decided she would be a terrific source of inspiration for my latest :::drools::: post...



With such an assortment of options to recreate, each one just as fabulous as the last, it was super difficult to narrow down a single outfit to recreate. After careful deliberation, I fell madly in love with this outfit:



I am going on a Western Caribbean Cruise (Grand Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan) in a few weeks, and I am thinking that this outfit will be perfect for the trip. This will be my first major vacation in over a decade and this will be my first time leaving the country (I just got my passport last week!!) so I really want to wear something special. Here's how I recreated her look -

This time I am going to start with the blazer, because I am all about blazers for 2011!



I chose the Michael Kors Plus Size Ruched Two-Button Jacket ($91.00, Bloomingdale's). Between you and me, I might end up getting a lesser-priced blazer from Old Navy, but best case scenario... LOL

Instead of the top/skirt combo, I decided to make the outfit a bit more cruise-y and opted for a dress to wear under the blazer.



I went with the Avenue Peacock Print Crossover Smocked Dress ($39.99, One Stop Plus).I love peacock feathers, so this was the perfect choice for me!! And I love the way the colors of the dress are similar to the ones in Rashida's skirt!!

I couldn't get a good look at the handbag, but the strap reminded me of those gorgeous "one day when I hit lotto"quilted chain bags by Chanel (Rashida's been spotted wearing one before). I was so happy to find a super cute (and affordable!) alternative.



I could've very spent double the price on an exact replica of the Chanel bag, but instead opted for the Mango Madell Quilted Small Zip Chain Shoulder Bag ($24.14, Asos)

Last but not least, there's the sandals. The wonderfully adorable sandals. I searched and searched and could not find a perfect replica for the thongs Rashida's wearing. I decided to pick a tried and true source for alternatives.



The Prenger Strappy Flat Sandals ($19.99, Payless) are cute, comfy looking and well within my budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment