Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DOPE: "Sky Ain't a Ceiling" by Jill Scott



This is simply put: beautiful!



You say life's been hard on you.
Well brother I got news; it's hard on me too.
We seem to face the same old issues.
Some are just surface, some are deep some deep down in the tissue.
And I know slavery has played its part, word.
Being separated and subjugated and that passes to the brain of a child
So I want to step off what was, and and start with the right now
You say "the world just don't understand"
But I ain't the world my love, I'm your woman.
And I know how deep it really goes
Trying to tread on a dream when the water feels low.
Ohh, if our ancestors could walk, barefoot, afraid in the dark, for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
I know we can do this, come on let's start.

No comments:

Post a Comment