Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Little [DEEE-LITE] for a Saturday Night


When thinking on the subject of love, I often find myself thinking about my attitudes about it when I was much younger. I had a very idealist perception of relationships, that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially when I think about the songs that personified love to me as a kid. Today's song for a Saturday Night is one that I adored as a kid. I used to play this song on a loop and just daydream about love. I said to myself, "When I fall in love, I will feel like this....".

Deee-lite - Love is everything from Therese Crow on Vimeo.


I hope that "Love is Everything" will make you feel the same way. And if you are fortunate enough to have someone you feel that way about, hold on to them and cherish them.

4 comments:

  1. actually....as much as I meant every word....i put my lover on a pedestal even though he was irresponsible and downright cruel....the beautiful thing about growing up is you evolve and learn from mistakes....I've come to find out my lover has to EARN MY LOVE-  Lady Miss Kier 

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually....as much as I meant every word....i put my lover on a pedestal even though he was irresponsible and downright cruel....the beautiful thing about growing up is you evolve and learn from mistakes....I've come to find out my lover has to EARN MY LOVE-  Lady Miss Kier 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, first let me die a little bit because you're commenting on my blog (You are a major Shero of mine, and I love you, truly!!!)..... Now that I have died and have been reborn like the phoenix that I am... I agree with you 1000%... 

    It's unfortunate that the man who inspired such an amazingly beautiful song was not worthy of it (or you, for that matter!)... I too have come to the realization that "My love is too beautiful to have thrown back in my face", as Ntozake Shange wrote.

    Peace from Brooklyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Kier replied to your post...OMG. That's awesome. Groove is in the Heart is on heavy rotation in my playlist right now, I cannot love this enough!

    ReplyDelete