Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm REALLY Diggin': My Shade of Brown's Pillow Boxes


Seriously, how excited was I when I learned about My Shade of Brown?!?! The Brooklyn-based company delivers beauty samples specifically for women of color to enjoy and try out once a month in their lovely Pillow Boxes!

For a monthly $10 membership fee (You can also purchase a yearly membership for $110), you'll receive 4 or 5 samples of amazing beauty products tailored to women of color. You'll get anything from foundation to nail polish to try out at home! If you love the samples, you have the opportunity to purchase the full-size version from the My Shade of Brown shop, making the site a one stop source to try awesome beauty products before committing to buy... and for every dollar spent you earn loyalty points! How cool is that?!?? I could not wait until I received my first Pillow Box in the mail!!


And I was not in the least bit disappointed by what I received! I was a like a little kid at Christmas!!! Here's what I got to dig into (From left to right):

Georgia by G and Company Rosemary Luxury Skin Wash: If I could drink this stuff, I would.. it smells fantastic!!!

Big Girl Lip Shine in Blossom: I was bowled over by this shade because it was PERFECT for a sweet pouty lip!!

Pooka Pure and Simple Pomegranate Body Butter: I was super excited to see this product, because I am a huge fan of the women behind this brand, The Pookalitas!! after trying it out, the sample went right into my purse for everyday use!

Lamik True Mineral Powder in Warm Chocolate: I've been DYING to try Mineral Powder, so suffice to say I was like "Yes!!" when I pulled this out of my Pillow Box! Warm Chocolate is unfortunately a little too dark for my complexion, but applying it was a breeze, and I was really excited about the smooth and light coverage! I will be definitely purchasing the Warm Caramel, which I think is a bit closer to my skintone.

Yana Cosmetics Foundation No. 10: A little goes a super long way with this foundation, just a few dabs of the sample was enough for full coverage!! Love it!!


Check out My Shade of Brown at http://www.myshadeofbrown.com/ to get their amazing Pillow Boxes sent to your door!

No comments:

Post a Comment