Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be."
~ Oprah Winfrey

A few weeks ago when I was going on my walk, I was approached by a young woman on Fulton Street. It seems that they have opened a new palm reading business somewhere in the area and this woman came up to me because she felt compelled to tell me something... something of dire importance.

She said that there were people who are presently in my life who are not on my side. She warned that these people were wishing me ill in every endeavor I take and that I should immediately come with her to get a reading, which she would give to me for the low price of $20. I thanked her for her warning and advised that I had to continue what I was doing right now, which was something nourishing to my soul and I kept it moving. I wonder if her intuition was foggy that day, making her unable to sense two very important things about me:

1) I have a long history with women who use premonitions, tarot cards, and palm reading. I've known quite a few in my past. Truth be told, I've given a tarot card reading myself from time to time. I know that some are the real deal, but I also know that many use fear as a tactic. For all the curses I apparently have on my head, its amazing I'm still breathing! LOL

2) I am a woman with my own source of power. I honor that power, I cherish it, and I trust it. So I would never allow anyone to corrupt my spirit, and no amount of ill wishing could siphon that power from within me.

I'll tell you folks, evolution is an amazing thing. It was on another walk that this week's Music Therapy with Miss Moon song choice inspired me to think about my encounter. I thought about how I handled it at 34, in comparison to how I would've handled it at 24. Knowing the person I was then, I would've left that woman $20 poorer and richer in paranoia. LOL


Perhaps I do have "haters" in my life, perhaps I don't...but either way, so what? If he or she is hating me, they are wasting a lot of energy that could be devoted to something more important: like improving what's lacking in their lives so that they need not use me as a scapegoat! Regardless of their feelings, I am resolved to continue to do the work on myself, so that all of the amazing blessings in my life will continue to grow and blossom like a field of wildflowers.

This week's song is about doing just that... living a life on your own terms, without fear of what others may think or say about the choices you make. I hope you all will find inspiration from "Life is Real" from the amazing Ayo.



Some people say
That I'm to open
They say it's not good to let them know everything about me
And they say one day
They will use every little things against me
But I don't mind
Maybe they're right
That's just how it is and I've got nothing to hide.

I live my life
The way I want
I got nothing to hide
Nothing at all
Life is not
A fairy tale
They should know
That life is real
I live my life
The way I want
I got nothing to hide
Nothing at all
Life is not
A fairy tale
Life is about more
Cause life is real.

A friend of mine
Gave me an advice
He said be careful and think twice
Before you talk about your life
Protect yourself
Just keep quiet
The more they know the harder they try
To spoil your ways
To spread lies and
Even though I know he could be right I just said I..

I live my life
The way I want
I got nothing to hide
Nothing at all
Life is not
A fairy tale
They should know
That life is real
I live my life
The way I want
I got nothing to hide
Nothing at all
Life is not
A fairy tale
Life is about more
Cause life is real.

Me i be ayo
Ogunmakin fear no foe
I am real from head to toe
Just like my heart and my soul.
Me i be ayo
Ogunmakin fear no foe
I am real from head to toe
Like life is real and you should know.
Me i be ayo
Ogunmakin fear no foe
I am real from head to toe
Just like my heart and my soul.
Me i be ayo
Ogunmakin fear no foe
I am real from head to toe
Like life is real and you should know.

2 comments:

  1. Funny enough, a woman stopped me today to ask if she could give me a reading!I love Ayo and 'Life is Real' is my favorite song of hers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song and the scenario really just fit together so well that I had to write about it! I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete