Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Miss Moon Gets Healthy: With Better Breakfast Choices...


Ashamed as I am to admit, but I used to eat one of these for breakfast almost daily. Seriously... like, REALLY, almost every day! I would stop on my way to work and pick up one of these, along a medium sweetened raspberry iced tea. The most important meal of the day, and this was what I was working with!! Wow...

One Dunkin' Donuts Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwich, while super yummy (don't judge me, I do miss the taste of them!!), equals about 660 calories. Add another 60 calories for the tea! Considering it's been suggested I stick to a 1300 calorie diet plan, I was using a big chunk of that with breakfast alone!!

This is what my breakfast looks like now...


Yes yes, y'all... I eat a small bowl of Special K with about 6 ounces of Soy Milk. And to drink?


Okay, so its Brita-cleaned Tap Water in a Smart Water bottle, but I do drink 33.8 fluid ounces of the stuff with every meal!!!

I've gone from consuming 720 calories, to a much more modest 220 calories for breakfast: Special K provides around 120 calories, 6 ounces of soy milk is about 88 calories, and the water? Zero calories, baby! Whoo Hoo!!

And what's great is that I am just as satisfied of hunger with the bowl of Special K & water than I was with the breakfast sandwich... I just feel less like crap afterwards! LOL

So this will be the first of (I hope!) many more posts in my Miss Moon Gets Healthy series. I am truly very serious about doing this, and I will not lie, I need your advice, your suggestions and tips, and most importantly, your support! Can I get a "You Can Do It, Audrey?!?!" :)

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Special K: Vanilla Almond???  OMG, it's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a plain jane when it comes to cereal, girl. That sounds way too fancy for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Audrey, I am doing it along with you. One trick that I've picked up along the way to help add protien and feel full is to add a boiled egg to breakfast. I am allowed a few more calories than you at 1600 calories and I have found some recipes that are around 400-500 per meal, I will go through them and sen you some and please feel free to share some with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That definitely sounds like a plan, Toya! :) So far, I've been checking out 
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/ , which has some fantastic recipes! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely do it. You're already off to a good start. I'm doing Weight Watchers which is helpful. Most mornings I have Greek Yogurt with fruit. Good protein and sweet fruit makes me feel like I'm having a treat.  Good luck and keep posting about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Kandecia!! I will definitely keep the posts up!  :)

    ReplyDelete