Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yummm! Dr. Oz's Tangerine Weight-orade Recipe!

I've discussed with detail the revamps I've made to my diet over the past few months in a new blog series I call, "Miss Moon Gets Healthy". One of the goals I have is to ultimately lose weight. While I love being a curvy girl, it's starting to take its toll on my health (My last hospital visit really opened my eyes!) and at 34, now is the time to get it done!

95% of what I've had to drink in the past few months is water, with the occasional aloe drink peppered in here and there. While I have definitely noticed a change (especially to my skin.. can you say "second puberty"?!?) I would like to incorporate a healthy, yummy drink choice into my diet. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

I spotted this recipe via Pinterest (If you haven't checked out my boards, feel free to do so!) and was immediately excited about the prospect of trying this out! To have a tasty beverage that can actually aid in speeding up my metabolism?!? I'm so there!

According to Dr. Oz, the Green Tea in this recipe can boost your metabolism by 12%. In addition, the tangerine helps to trigger a gene that can burn the fat in your body. And last but certainly not least, the mint is a great way to add flavor to your drink without adding any calories.

Let's see, I love green tea, I enjoy tangerines, and I'm mad for mint... Sign me up, please! LOL

Dr. Oz's Tangerine Weight-orade
Recipe Courtesy of Recipes for Diet

Ingredients:

- 8 cups of green tea, brewed
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- handful of mint leaves

Directions:

1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large pitcher the night before. This helps the flavors to marry.
2. After sitting in the fridge over night, drink the entire pitcher the next day to get the most metabolism boosting out of the drink!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting! I am trying to drink green tea every day now (unsweetened!) and this may be a way to spice it up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMmmmm....this looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sentiments exactly, Yoshika!!! Please be sure to come back and let me know if you enjoyed it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it?!? I am making my first batch tonight... I cannot wait to try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use caffeinated or non-caffeinated green tea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. When making my batch, I used caffeinated green tea I purchased from my local West Indian/Asian fruit market. But since the recipe didn't specify, I believe you can use your best judgement based on your own preference. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr oz recently featured some diet teas that are geting some great reviews. If you drink the right tea at the right time, you can actually shrink fat cells. Good Stuff!
    http://shrinktheplanet-weightloss.com/weightloss-diets/?p=2148

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find any tangerines! Can I sub an orange?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.... I don't know. I'd give it a try, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete