Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 4, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon


" One of the virtues of being very young is that you don't let the facts get in the way of your imagination."
~ Sam Levenson

" The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius."
~ Rebecca Pepper Sinkler

" Seriousness is a disease."
~ Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

One of the things that I am most proud of is that people I meet find it very hard to believe that I am 35. Yep. I am 35 years old and 40 is rapidly approaching.

People's surprise at learning my age is not a source of pride for me because of some vain notion that I look younger than 35. I am 35, so this is clearly what a 35 year old looks like for me. I am proud of this fact because on most days, I feel much younger than I am. I am young at heart, and I guess it reflects in the way I look somehow.

But there are days when I feel OLD. I feel older than 35, in fact. Days where getting up out of bed and being a grown up is a big ole drag! But I do it, because I AM a grown up, and part of being one means that there are responsibilities that must be attended to. So I do my grown up, responsible thing, and then I dedicate one weekend day to just having a fun: watching cartoons, eating junk food, dancing around my room with a brush in my hand as a makeshift microphone... anything I can do to reclaim some of that childish spirit.


So for today's Music Therapy with Miss Moon song choice, I wanted to pick a song that was fun, upbeat and very youthful. One that would bring into mind of being young, without a care in a world, and allow all of us grown ups to take a piece of that exuberant spirit with us through the work week. So I hope you all will enjoy "Perfect Day" by Hoku, and that it will remind you to take time out of your busy schedules, responsibilities, and adulthood to have a perfect day for yourself. You deserve it!



Sun's up, a little after twelve, make breakfast for myself
Leave the work for someone else
People say, they say that it's just a phase
They tell me to act my age, well I am

On this perfect day, nothing's standing in my way
On this perfect day when nothing can go wrong
It's the perfect day, tomorrow's gonna come too soon
I could stay, forever as I am on this perfect day

Sun's down, a little after ten I pick up all my friends
In my Mercedes Benz, wake up don't tell me it's just a dream
'Cause when I've had enough you'll hear me say
Now don't you try to rain on my

Perfect day, nothing's standing in my way
On this perfect day when nothing can go wrong
It's the perfect day, tomorrow's gonna come too soon
I could stay, forever as I am on this perfect day

I'm in the race but I've already won
And getting there can be half the fun
So don't stop me till I'm good and done
Don't you try to rain on my

Perfect day, it's the perfect day
It's the perfect day, nothing's gonna bring me down
I could stay, forever as I am
On this perfect day, nothing's standing in my way
On this perfect day, nothing can go wrong

I'm in the race but I've already won
And getting there can be half the fun
So don't stop me till I'm good and done
Don't you try to rain on my perfect day
On this perfect day, on this perfect day



No comments:

Post a Comment