Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

" Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement."
~ Alice Koller

" The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself."
~ Michel de Monaigne

" It is only alone, truly alone what one burst apart, springs forth."
~ Maria Isabel Barreno

I am a woman who has no problems having only herself for company. In fact, I rather enjoy my own company... I'm awesome! When I'm asked, "Doesn't being alone so much make you feel sad or lonely?", I reply that being alone can definitely make one sad. Being solitary? Not so much! I've learned that I need moments of solitude from time to time.... It's a Scorpio thing, I think! LOL

I've become a much more social creature lately and I've been out and about with friends much more. And now that I've reentered the dating scene, I've gone out more in the past few months than I had in the previous year! Because I've been more social and active and a part of the world, it's become much for pertinent  for me to take time out for myself. To refuel, recharge, zone out, laugh, create, think, daydream... anything my heart desires.


For today's song choice for Music Therapy with Miss Moon, I picked a song from the one and only Erykah Badu that I think should be the anthem for being solitary. If you've been craving some alone time with your thoughts, I sincerely hope that "Vibrate On" will motivate you to do it.. soon!



Hey...
Hey, Hey...

Oh Let me know, let me know, let me knw, there she go.

They knew I was gangsta, When I hit the door.
I was hurting them baby, it was pitiful.
Everything I was doing, was their favorite thing.
What's your number, what's your name -- like all night long.

They on--
But I'm long gone, at home with the vibrate on...my phone.
Because I rather be left alone...a-lone.

Got no money for Spirits, so I contemplate.
Gonna drink me some water, and get over it.
Plus I'm running a fever, 'cause I'm getting sick.
Of what's your number, what's your name, like all night long.

They on--
But I'm long gone, at home with the vibrate on...my phone.
'Cause I rather be left alone...all night long. They on--
But I'm long gone, at home with the vibrate on...my phone.
'Cause I rather be left alone...oh

Wanna Be

My pistol is loaded, and my tank is full.
My cup runneth over, I'm in Hollywood.
It's 2 in the morning, just another day, for what's your number, what's your name -- damn, all night long.

They On--
But I'm long gone, at home with the vibrate on...my phone.
'Cause I rather be left alone...







No comments:

Post a Comment