Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

I took a FaceBook quiz today, entitled "What Kind of Soul Do You Have?", and I got the following results:

You have come out with Raven as your soul representation. This is a very interesting path for a being. I suppose the most important thing to remember about a persons life when they are under the Ravens wing would be, you have been here before.. you know all about this stuff and what you don't know you are about to find out. There is really nothing too surprising or amazing to a Raven person.. new things, sure, but as they have been witness to so many massive shifts over the miriad of lifetimes required to lead a Raven life, there are virtually no real surprises. The danger for a raven soul is landing in an area where there are no other ravens and no real competition for them. A Raven needs some powerful reflection and only another Raven can do that for them as they know that they are the only ones who really understand. An old soul does not protect a person from falling into a trap of getting too comfortable and growing lazy. Laziness is deadly for a Raven, they need the power of their wings to carry their great bodies high above the world so that they can gain the perspective that they so need in order fulfill their ultimate destinies here on earth. For each Raven has a particular mission to complete their earth cycle. Find out what it is Raven. You may be comfortable and unshaken, but are you alert and fulfilling your vision?.


It was this that inspired this week's song. I fell in love with this song years ago, when I (with an old beau of mine) stumbled into a dusty record shop here in Bed-Stuy on a whim. My ex, who's a DJ eagerly combed through the stacks like a child opens presents on Christmas morning. I looked through the records with less enthusiasm because, simply, I don't have a record player.



I was drawn to this record in particular, and stared at the cover for so long, the man running the store suggested I give the record a sample, using a record player and headphones the store provides. I picked this song in particular after reading the lyrics. I won't even go into the fact that Labelle is such an amazing force and without them, there would've been no TLC, Destiny's Child, etc... because it would seem the personification of corniness at this point. Like ranting and raving that the sky is blue, ya know? I will just post the song, so you guys can get some good music and (I hope) feel the good vibes that follow. To hear the original album version, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment