Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, August 10, 2009

:::drools::: Beautiful Blackberry Lip Colors

"Cypress has, to her mind, dressed for the occasion. Her shoulders lay bare under the thinnest of satin straps; the blouse fell over her bosom, sensually peach. Huge lime flowers that had never been seen on earth spread over the deep blue of her crepe skirt. Her eyes were shaded in greens, her lashes aqua. Lips, blackberry and ripe. Her hair flew about her head in wafts held with ebony combs."

Ntozake Shange - Sassafrass, Cypress & Indigo

Ever since I read read Ntozake Shange's amazing novel and read this description of Cypress, I wanted to duplicate it. Especially her eyes and lips. And I've spent the better part of a decade looking for a lipstick shade that really evoked Cypress. With no success.

So, I have taken to the web to complete my quest. Haven't made any purchases yet, but I think that I've come pretty close. What do you ladies think?


Christian Dior Diorific Lipstick - No. 016 Blackberry Flash - $28.00


Wet 'n' Wild MegaColors Lipstick, Blackberry - $1.99


Bobbi Brown Lip Sheer - Black Raspberry - $22


CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick, Iced Plum 59 - $5.99


MAC Lipstick Ever Embellish - $14

So, I am going to leave it to you all. Which one should I venture out to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment