Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, February 15, 2010

Be Blessed: Be Your Own Valentine

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." -- Buddha

This quote really struck at me in a very profound way when I first read it several years ago. I was nursing the wounds of a rather bad break up and felt like I was doomed to spend my days alone and unloved and that was a fate far worse than death to me (I was in my early 20s...).

And I decided to take a hiatus from dating and work on myself. And I explored my spirituality, and devoured the works of Shakti Gawain, Iyanla Vanzant, and Marianne Williamson. I definitely considered that period in myself a spiritual hibernation, as I spent a lot of time working on myself and pretty much kept myself cloistered away.

I think the pinnacle for me was when I took myself out on a date for the first time. I went to the movies ("Hedwig & The Angry Inch") and went out to dinner. Alone. And it wasn't as crazy and awkward as I thought it would be. In that period of my life I learned that being alone does not mean lonely.

Now that I am in a relationship, I have learned that the work on yourself doesn't end because you have someone. I still make a point to do things for myself.. it's become a ritual for me. And I will continue to evolve and grow until I'm dead... because it's nourishing for me, and if it's good for me, it's bound to be good for my relationship.

This week, I will keep in mind this powerful affirmation by Louise Hay, and I hope that you will too. Happy Valentine's Day, Everybody!!!



I Love Myself Affirmation
Louise Hay


Deep at the centre of my being,
there is an infinite well of love.

I now allow this love to flow to the surface.
It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness,
my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions
and returns to me mutliplied.
The more love I use and give, the more I have to give.
The supply is endless.
The use of love makes me feel good,
it is an expression of my inner joy.

I love myself;
therefore, I take loving care of my body.
I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages,
I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body lovingly
responds to me with vibrant health and energy.

I love myself; therefore provide for myself
a comfortable home, one that fills
all my needs and is a pleasure to be in.
I fill the rooms with the vibration of love
so that all who enter, myself included,
will feel this love and be nourished by it.

I love myself; therefore I work at a job I truly enjoy
doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities,
working with and for people I love and who love me,
and earning a good income.

I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving
way to all people for I know that that which I give out
returns to me multiplied.
I only attract loving people in my world,
for they are a mirror of what I am.

I love myself; therefore I forgive and totally release
the past and all past experiences and I am free.

I love myself; therefore I live totally in the now,
experiencing each moment as good and knowing that
my future is bright and joyous and secure,
for I am a beloved child of the Universe
and the Universe lovingly takes care of me
now and forever more.

And so it is.

by Louise Hay, from "You Can Heal Your Life"

1 comment: