Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

So my earlier choice for this week's Music Therapy with Miss Moon wasn't one I would choose for that particular posting.. It was more of a DOPE item, and rather than correct it, I decided to post a new song, one I heard today and was inspired to blog about.

I first heard this song on the television show "Girlfriends". While I am not the biggest gospel fan in the world, I found this song beautiful and it resonated deeply for me. The religious aspect aside (saint/sinner, etc.), the message of the song is very true: we can get up again after falling, after making mistakes. If God/Goddess/All that Is can forgive us with no condemnation, why can't we forgive ourselves?

I find that no one in the world is harder on us than we are on ourselves. This is something I am working on and will probably continue to work on for the rest of my life. And this song always serves as a reminder that it is not too late to pick myself up, dust myself, and (forgiving myself) start all over again. Enjoy!

Donnie McClurkin "We Fall Down"


2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite songs! Love Donnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donnie's songs always touch my heart--there's no pretense and he always sings about God's love for us and forgiveness towards us. I love the beauty of Donnie's voice!

    ReplyDelete