Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Be Blessed: In the Attitude of Gratitude

" Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving."
- Kahlil Gibran

" There is as much greatness of mind in acknowledging a good turn, as in doing it."
- Seneca



Finding something to be grateful for each and everyday is not difficult at all. In fact, it's probably as easy as breathing out and breathing in... because we can be grateful for THAT! LOL

I live in Brooklyn. New York City, Baby! Home of the Yankees, Junior's Cheesecake and "Right here, putz!"... Don't quote me on this, but I actually believe giving the finger might've been PERFECTED here!

What can I possibly be grateful for walking around a city full of selfish, inconsiderate, rude, loud, ignorant, messy, belligerent assholes? Simple - I am grateful I am not one! LOL

This week - reflect on every single person you encounter... and recognize that, good or bad, they have given you something to express gratitude for. That dude who didn't hold the elevator door for you? That's a lesson to not let your hurried nature prevent you from considering others. That old couple you see walking down the street holding hands? You've been blessed with a reminder that love endures.

That is how I consider everything in my life, a lesson and/or a blessing.Think of your encounters and express gratitude for the lessons and blessings they have given you, major or small!

No comments:

Post a Comment