Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Be Blessed: Experiencing Unapologetic Joy

Those of you that have visited or lived in New York City know that we have our share of characters. Last week, on my way to the subway from work, I spotted a man, skipping down Nassau Street. He wasn't arm-in-arm with a lover, and he wasn't drunk or crazy. He was just skipping.. for reasons specifically his own.

On lookers pointed and stared, shaking their head in amazement. Others vocally questioned his sanity. I thought he was dope as hell, and to be honest, I was a bit envious. I was jealous that in my tired, work worn state, I couldn't conjure up the pure, unapologetic joy it takes to skip down the street.



This week, I am going to embrace every opportunity to fully experience joy. And when I feel inclined to, I will express it openly and fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment