Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Miss Moon's Musing About: The D-Bag* Epidemic
















* Definition courtesy of UrbanDictionary.com -


d'bag
It is short term for the word Douche Bag. Douche bag
meaning a person who like an actual douche bag takes
dirty vaginal secretion. Also implying this person sucks,
is stupid. It's a basic insult.
Ron is a d'bag! Stan is a D'bag! Yer face is a d'bag. or simply
D'bag


The above exchange I recorded on my Twitter timeline reflects a growing trend I've been witnessing: grown ass men (men who are old enough to know better), blatantly treat women disrespectfully and with (imho) great malice.

Now, I am not going to turn this into a rant about how chivalry is dead and that women should be treated (insert adjective here). My beef is that these men are obviously hostile and have chosen to direct their anger at whatever on any woman that happens to enter their paths. In addition to the man I spotted this afternoon, I have seen a man rush to grab a seat on the subway and glare at the pregnant woman (as if DARING HER to say something) who has to stand as a result.

Usually I speak out when I see things like that, even if it's just a snarky "Who say's chivalry is dead?", but in the recent months of news stories of black women getting beat up for "mouthing off" and "acting uppity"has caused me to hold my tongue. And I regret that I didn't say anything. I guess this blog entry is my meek way to voice my disgust some people's inability to recognize the humanity of others.

I realize that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. So what can we do when we spot men (and women... because there are unfortunately female D-Bags, too!) treating another human being like garbage?

No comments:

Post a Comment