Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I SWEAR I'm Not Obsessed (But I AM a Little Dorky) About...



Oyin Handmade's Burnt Sugar Pomade!!!!!

One of the highlights of my evenings for the past few weeks (since buying the 4 oz. sample jar) has been coming home and taking a bit of this delicious concoction and putting it in my hair before braiding it in my two trusty braids for the night.

In the morning, my hair is softer and shinier... which is a feat because it is COLD and WINDY here in New York. My hair usually struggles to regain luster and sheen during winter months, and come spring, my hair is hanging on for its life. So far this winter (which in my opinion has been the COLDEST in years!!!), my hair is defiantly telling Jack frost to "Bring it, Baby!"


Not my sexiest photo, but I am in ready-for-bed mode here! LOL

Burnt Sugar Pomade is a blend of oils, butters, and veggie waxes that acts as a humectant and protectant for hair, so you know it increases the shine and locks in moisture ( AMUST NEED during "Brrrrr...." season!) It's packed with essential fatty acids to nourish the scalp, and absorbs easily with a long lasting, non-greasy feeling.

That's on the surface, but we all know that what's inside is what counts:

Contains virgin coconut cream, mango oil, and hempseed oil in a base of nourishing castor oil. Fragranced with a subtly sweet vanilla-sugar scent that is appropriate for both men and women.....

And now, let me say a few words about the SMELL....

If this product did NOTHING AT ALL for my hair... I would still use it just to perfume my hair!!! When I first received my jar, I spent the day opening it and sniffing it repeatedly. LOL

I am really looking forward to warmer weather, and I do believe I have found a replacement for my summer braid-out product (Kizzy "Stay Put" Hair Pomade by Carol's Daughter). I will be sure to post my results then!!!

In the meantime, I will be placing an order for a couple 8 oz. jars this time.... and maybe a 4 oz. jar, just to keep on my desk! But I SWEAR I'm not Obsessed!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment