Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, July 5, 2012

D-I-Y Nappturaliciously: Ms. Mooch takes a BRAID-cation!!!


Hey y'all!!! Ms. Mooch is on BRAID-cation for the summer! Hooray!!! It's been two weeks since adding the braids to my hair (I know this post is long overdue, but from the picture above, you can see that I still had some allergy issues that haven't completely worked itself out! lol)

I started by making sure my hair and scalp was clean, using my usual regimen. The following day, once my hair was partially dry, I started braiding my hair.

This time around, I opted to use Miracle's Yaki Pony Hair, which I purchased from a Beauty Supply Store downtown Brooklyn.

 I liked the color combination used, so I snatched up 8 bags of this hair. I couldn't wait to get started. Before applying each braid, I made sure that Ms. Mooch was super moisturized by applying Karen's Body Beautiful Beauty Boss 101 to each section of hair and the scalp.

8 hours later, I was finished and SHOCKED at how quickly I managed to get the job done. I opted to use smaller braids than I initially planned for, because I feared the larger braids would be too heavy.

So far, I am really loving how light they feel and the variety of styles I can work with!! I say that I CAN rock a variety of styles, but mostly I'm rocking a high bun. 

It's great for when I take my walks!! Synthetic hair + Neck + Summer + Physical Activity = HOT!!! LMAO


The view of the braids from behind!!



So what do you think? Is Ms. Mooch's BRAID-cation a win or a fail?!?!?

6 comments:

  1. A definite win. The look compliments you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too! I'm really happy to give Ms. Mooch a much-needed rest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look Fab. I just bought my kankelon hair to try mine...rather, have my cousin do mine...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ms. Mooch...she got "sent away" lol. You did an awesome job....and only 8 hours!? Go ahead...☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. IKR? Total record for braids like that! Ms. Mooch is very very happy on vacay. She sends all of you a "Wish You Were Here" postcard!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous, and my, 8 hours?! I can't even do a decent fishtail bone braid on my own. Wow, you are great! I am always in awe seeing women in this look, and I always wonder how much passion has been applied to it too.Great site!

    ReplyDelete