Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday, October 8, 2012

Music Therapy with Miss Moon

" Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."
~ Henry Ward Beecher

" We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
~ Thornton Wilder

" 'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding."
~ Alice Walker

Happy Monday!! Today I'm going to share a secret that has fueled my Creative Visualization Challenge..... Gratitude! How can you expect to receive more in your life without first recognizing the beauty that's already around you? When you focus on the great things in your life... and express gratitude for them every single day... you are bound to get more of it.

This is why I start the day... EVERY day, by writing down 10 things I'm grateful for. It could be something that happened the day before, or something I'm excited about in the day to come, but I make a point to recognize the goodness and be thankful for it!

My actual gratitude journal.. complete with the sloppy handwriting of someone who just woke up! LOL
Once I've completed the list, I read aloud what I've written, and repeat "Thank you... thank you... thank you....", a practice I've learned from reading Rhonda Byrne's book, The Magic, which has really helped to shift my attitude from negative to positive.


So for this week, I encourage you to join me in this practice. Take time out every day to think of 10 things you have been blessed with, feel fabulous about them, and express gratitude for them. Write them down in a journal, if you have one. If not, send yourself an email with your list. Read over what you've written and repeat "Thank you... thank you.. thank you...".  And for today's Music Therapy with Miss Moon song choice, I've picked a fabulous song to get us all in the attitude of gratitude. I hope you all will enjoy "Thank U" by Alanis Morissette.


How bout getting off these antibiotics?
How bout stopping eating when I'm full up?
How bout them transparent dangling carrots?
How bout that ever elusive kudo?

Thank you, India
Thank you, terror
Thank you, disillusionment
Thank you, frailty
Thank you, consequence
Thank you, thank you, silence

How bout me not blaming you for everything?
How bout me enjoying the moment for once?
How bout how good it feels to finally forgive you?
How bout grieving it all one at a time?

Thank you, India
Thank you, terror
Thank you, disillusionment
Thank you, frailty
Thank you, consequence
Thank you, thank you, silence

The moment I let go of it was the moment
I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it
Was the moment I touched down

How bout no longer being masochistic?
How bout remembering your divinity?
How bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
How bout not equating death with stopping?

Thank you, India
Thank you, terror
Thank you, disillusionment
Thank you, frailty
Thank you, consequence
Thank you, thank you, silence.





No comments:

Post a Comment