Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And Now...A Makeup Moment: M.A.C's Venomous Villains Collection!! (Pt. 1)



Receiving an invite to view a new collection from M.A.C is an invitation that a cosmetics newbie like me couldn't resist. So after work, I was on the 6 (Like J-Lo) Spring Street bound to meet up with my good friend and Pirate Sistah, Jay (Badass Blogger of Jay the Bohemian Diva) to check out the line, inspired by Disney's Baddest Villains.







This occasion was also auspicious because it was my first ever visit to a M.A.C store... I must admit, between the crowd of makeup lovers and the huge selection of makeup to look over, I was a bit overwhelmed, but very very excited to check out the collection!!



The line features new shades inspired by The Evil Queen (Snow White), Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Cruella Deville (101 Dalmatians) and one of the newest villains, Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog). Guests were invited to sample the collection, while handsome waiters brought trays filled with alcoholic goodies and snacks for all to enjoy!





This waiter in particular was told that he looks like a Ken Doll... it was meant as a compliment! LMAO





These little brownies had a cayenne pepper frosting that was actually delicious... and this waiter was especially cute and very sweet!!

I was immediately drawn to the makeup inspired by Maleficent and The Evil Queen, and was very lucky enough to have the fantastic people at M.A.C hook me up with a sample





This is me after the application of the "Revenge is Sweet" (Maleficent) Lipglass.I went back and had it redone using the Violetta (Maleficent also) lipstick with the Magenta Lip Pencil.



Jay had her make up done was well. Be sure to check out her blog in a few days for more pictures and her take on the night!



It's after midnight and I have to go to work in the A.M., so I will end part one of this blog with this ADORABLE butterfly ring I was wearing to the event. It's unfortunately not available online, but I picked it up at my local Lane Bryant store.

Be on the look out for Part Two in the next few days to see more fun at the M.A.C store, and to find out what I snatched up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment