Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

:::drools::: Cha Cha Shoes (and what to wear with them!)

Andiamo Woman's Stunning Bootie 


My Mum is the Catalog Queen.... I know I have mentioned in a previous post that she's the Avon Queen... but she reigns over both kingdoms equally. LOL

My favorite pair of boots from Torrid (Seen here worn by me) has gone to shoe heaven (in a remarkably short time - major side eye to Torrid), so with fall here and the temperature dropping, I need to get a new pair of boots. Stat.

On the train ride home tonight, Mizz Lennid pulls out the Massey catalog, and I feast my eyes on a gorgeous pair of boots that I will be ordering this weekend. I also felt an immediate adoration for a pair of booties that are SO NOT my normal style.

I call these types of shoes Cha Cha Shoes, after Cha Cha Digregorio from "Grease", primarily because they look like the type of shoes she would wear, in my mind.



Cha Cha is sexy, alluring, bold and daring. In the "Grease" universe, I'd most likely be  "Brusha Brusha Brusha", Jan.... But I really wanna let a bit more Cha Cha into my life, and these shoes are a reflection of this.

So I pointed the shoes out to my Mum she looked at me like I had three eyeballs. Without going into everything I just wrote here, I said I liked them and thought they were fun. She asked, "What would you wear those with?", which inspired me to come home and put together at least three outfits: one for work, one for the weekend, and one for a special occasion.


Women's Plus Pleated Jersey Tops - $19.50, Old Navy
Black Multi Seam Pencil Skirt - $29.99, Torrid
Ponte Knit Jacket - $79.50, Lane Bryant


Peacock Feathered Top - $19.80, Forever 21
Stretch Denim Jegging - $25.90, Avenue
Brixton Gain Cap - $48.00, Urban Outfitters


Midnight Dream Dress - $48.00, Alight
Linear Diamond Pointelle Tights - $9.90, Avenue
Red White and Black Hair Flower - $10.00, Bohemian Soul
Yvette Clutch by Melie Bianco - $55.00, LuLu's

Of course I may chicken out when it comes to rocking these Cha Cha shoes, but if I do decide... at least I know that I will have a few ideas on what to wear with them. What do you guys think? Should I splurge?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment