Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, September 10, 2010

:::drools::: Amber Riley-style for Plus Size Fashionistas

I just saw 20 minutes of my first episode of "Glee" a few weeks ago. I know, shocking! In the snippet I saw, I knew that Amber Riley is FABULOUS!!!! My good friend Stephanie suggested I recreate one of Amber's looks, and in checking out pictures of her online, I knew that it was a perfect choice!!!



How fantastic is Amber's outfit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

To recreate this look I paired the Women's Plus Rib-Knit Tanks in Hot Coral Pink Plus ($4.97, Old Navy) with the Crochet Knit Shrug in Rose ($16.99, Avenue).





The colors are not an exact match, but if you notice, Amber's top and whatever she's wearing over it isn't a total match either.

I searched high and low for the skirt Amber is wearing with no luck (I will continue my search - if anyone knows where she got it, let me know!!) but I believe I found a reasonable alternative with the Psychedelic Skirt ($29.99, Alight)



I topped the outfit with the Double Buckle Brown Stretch Belt ($22.00, Torrid)



Torrid is killing me with their belts lately, SO ADORABLE!!!

The shoes I selected were the Bumper Women's Luke 01 Flat ($29.99, Endless) which are definitely on my "To Buy" list.



Amber's swinging crescent earrings I actually own and I bought them from Forever 21. Unfortunately, they do not appear to be available anymore, but I did spot this awesome Crescent Hoop Earring Set ($3.80, Forever 21)



There you have it!!! As always, if there is a celebrity style you'd like to see recreated (For Plus Size Fashionistas, or no), be sure to drop me a line!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of this look:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not only does amber dress hot but she is hot and very talented hard to believe she is single wish u the best amber keep that beautiful smile and stay sexy

    ReplyDelete