" Everything in the universe has a purpose. Indeed, the invisible intelligence that flows through everything in a purposeful fashion is also flowing through you."
~ Wayne Dyer
“ I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.”
~ Og Mandino
" As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. "
~ Carl Jung
One movie that inspired me tremendously was M. Night Shyamalan's "Lady in the Water". Though critically panned, I found the message of the movie utterly beautiful. All of us, no matter how unimportant we may be perceived... have a divine purpose. And with that purpose sparks the potential to do great things.
This week, I wanted to share some words of wisdom from the great Iyanla Vanzant on this very topic. I hope that it will inspire you. And I would wholeheartedly recommend watching Lady in the Water too... that movie is a blessing on DVD.
THERE IS A DIVINE PURPOSE FOR MY LIVING AND MY BEING
I will gain more understanding when I realize . . .
there is a divine purpose for my living and my being.
Your Creation Is a Good Thing
* In the beginning, you were created to be good, and you still are good.
* There is nothing about you that is inherently bad.
There is a Purpose to Your Living
* Your Creator etched a purpose into your being.
* You have been born to fulfill that purpose in a way that only you can.
* You bring to life talents and gifts unlike those of any other person.
Every Experience Supports Your Purpose
* Every experience will facilitate your understanding of your purpose and will call you to use the talents and gifts you possess.
* Every person you have met has played an important role in facilitating your understanding of your purpose.
* You have been influenced by your environment to such a degree that you have lost touch with the truth of your self and your purpose.
You Must Choose to Live Your Purpose
* The guidance you need to recover your true purpose is available to you because you are worthy of having it.
* You can make the choice to fulfill your purpose at any time.
* Balancing your heart and mind is the key to bringing forth the talents and gifts you possess that will enable you to fulfill your purpose.
What You Choose for Yourself, Your Creator Will Support
* If you want to know the purpose of your life and how your experiences fit into that purpose, ask your creator. God is available, accessible and waiting for you.
From Until Today!
by Iyanla Vanzant