Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's Talk Tresses Friday: What Gets a Big Thumbs Down from Your Hair?


I've been pretty forthcoming about the products and things I'm "Not so much..." about. I think that it's always a good thing to share positive (And negative) feedback about products you've tried. If someone has a similar hair type or hair challenges, it's good to know what you may want to steer clear of.


So far, on my hair journey, I've discovered my hair doesn't like products with SLS, anything with rosemary (this was something I recently discovered and my scalp has thanked me for it), and I'm noticing as I get older, my hair (not to mention my skin) responds more favorably to 95% - 100% natural products.


What products have you tried and will never try again? Leave a comment with your experience!

4 comments:

  1. My hair isn't too crazy about shea butter, unless it's well mixed in with other products that my hair likes. Same thing with coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say Carol's Daughter. It was just a huge waste of money for me and did nothing but dry my hair out. Pretty much the same with Miss Jessie's Curly buttercreme & curly pudding. Always starts out well but then dried my hair out. Ugh. Very disappointing. Especially, after hearing such good things about it and shelling out some dollars on it. But lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on Miss Jessie's... I've never found a product in their line that was worth the expense. I am a bit prejudiced about C.D. (primarily because I worked for the company), but I definitely know a lot of women who have not had good results using the products, though.

    ReplyDelete