Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

:::drools::: Rihanna-style for Plus Size Fashionistas

This marks the very first time I am recreating a look from Rihanna for plus size fashionistas. Not because I'm not a fan of her style. In fact, I like 85% of the ensembles she's been seen in over the last few months. My reason for not featuring her before is simple: EVERYBODY'S done it! LOL

What inspired me to find an outfit of hers was her new video for "Cheers (Drink to That)"....



I thought the song was super fun, and I liked seeing the video footage of her on stage and off, enjoying her life while looking fabulous along the way. I thought that a fun weekend look would be the perfect accompaniment for this song. When I spotted this picture of Rihanna walking around New York City, I knew I didn't have to look any further.


I love that this outfit looks polished and casual/comfy at the same time (I am all for comfort, folks!). I could very easily see myself rocking something like this to dinner and a movie with my honey, or even to lunch with my homegirls. It's also a great way to revamp a tee and sneaker rut without feeling too different. Here's how I recreated the look:


Top: Alicia Lace-Trim Tunic ($31.90, Alloy)
Jeans: Propulsion Skinny Jean ($64.50, Torrid)
Hoop Earrings: Textured Hoop Earrings ($3.80, Forever21)
Necklace: Whimsical Nature Necklace ($5.80, Forever21)
Shoes: Ohearn Ballet Flats in Bone ($50.00, Aldo Shoes)
Clutch: Fair Trade Coffee Brown Girlfriend Raffia Purse ($59.99, A Gift to Africa)

8 comments:

  1. OK, finally an outfit I CAN WEAR TOO!!!!

    Mizz Lennid

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mizz Lennid -

    Thanks Mum, and you would look awesome in that outfit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss moon, this is Coily Mystic from coilymystic.blogspot, and I am just notifying you that you have won the giveaway! Please email me your address at cutetidus10@gmail.com to claim your prize.

    ReplyDelete