Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Be Blessed: Because You're Stronger Than You Think!!

" We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

" We acquire the strength we have overcome."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'."
~ Mary Anne Radmacher


I consider myself to be a pretty strong woman. But I have to admit there are times where all I want to do is curl up in a little ball and rock myself for a few hours.

And I think it's okay to feel that way sometimes... we all go through trying experiences that really test the boundaries of our spiritual and emotional endurance. The objective I've discovered is to acknowledge that I'm facing an obstacle, feel all of the feelings surrounding it (fear, anger, frustration, hopelessness, etc.), learn from it, and lastly, pick myself up, dust myself off ::sings:: and start all over again...



When encountering an obstacle, remember that you may bend, but you won't break. We all possess a reserve of strength that helps us to (Like Gladys sang) keep on keepin' on. Remember that reserve is there for us when we need it and upon facing whatever obstacle placed before you... you will emerge stronger and wiser for facing it.

3 comments:

  1. Love these quotes! And I couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this for me? I have a feeling that this was for me ;). Enjoyed this very much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ C.O. - Thank you so much, girl!!!

    @ Jay - I definitely thought about you when I was writing it, I will not lie. I am glad you liked it and I hope it resonated for you!!

    ReplyDelete