Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

D-I-Y Nappturaliciously: Mixtress Magic - Oh Honey! Hot Oil Hair Treatment


I've been dying to try a Honey Hot Oil Hair Treatment in my hair after hearing raves about it throughout the natural hair community. I was a bit skeptical at first, I must admit, but after reading up on the healing properties of honey, I was sold.

Honey is a humectant; it attracts and holds moisture. This makes it a good choice for damaged or dry hair. Incorporating a Honey Hot Oil Treatment can help return the natural shine and will add health to your hair.

Honey Hair Conditioner Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
2 to 4 TBS olive oil (depending on hair type, use lesser amount for oily hair)

Directions:
Mix together the olive oil and honey then massage well into your hair until evenly covered.
Cover your head with a shower cap and allow the honey treatment to set for 30 minutes or longer.

Wash & shampoo hair very well and rinse thoroughly.

Check out the fabulous ashiek118's video tutorial on the Honey Hot Oil Hair Treatment for a more in-depth tutorial.



Have you tried a Honey Hair Treatment? Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts! I will be trying this in the upcoming weeks, so be sure to check out the blog for pictures and tales of my experience.

6 comments:

  1. I know, right?!?!? Double yum!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you decide to mix some of this up for your hair, save some for me.  it just might be what the doctor (barber) ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do, Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this two weeks ago for my 4c hair.  Me loves it!  It is now going to be part of my routine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to try!!!

    ReplyDelete