Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

maniCURATIVE: Black & Grey River Rock Inspired Nails

It's been awhile since I've brought you a maniCURATIVE post, I know. I've been pretty lazy when it comes to my nails, and haven't done something that made me especially excited lately.... until recently.


On a whim, I decided to use my two recent nail polish purchases together, and upon surveying the finished product, I was instantaneously reminded of river rocks, which I've always found quite lovely. I love the shades of black and grey.


Here's what I used:


Step One: Fill the Gap! Smoothing Base Coat
Step Two: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Gray by Gray and
Avon Matte Nail Enamel in Black as Night
Step Three: Seche Vite Dry-Fast Top Coat

I start with applying a coat of my go-to base coat to my clean, buffed nails. The Salon Hansen Complete Salon Manicure has a base and top coat included, but I still added my own, because I know it will work.

I applied two coats of Gray by Gray to every nail, except my ring finger and thumbnail....

On those nails, I applied two coats of Black as Night and let them get slightly dry.

To finish it up I apply a coat of my handy dandy Seche Vite Top Coat and let it dry completely.

What do you think? I've been watching loads of video tutorials for nail designs on YouTube, so this may not be the last nail post for the year... be on the look out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment