Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, July 23, 2010

D-I-Y Nappturaliciously: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Frizz Fighter Set Results

Last week, in my never-ending quest to tame the frizz, I used Carol's Daughter Frizz Fighter Set.

This was my hair Sunday, when I let down the braids for my braid-out. I was very happy with the results!




As I promised, I periodically took pictures of my hair during the week, to show the progression. This week was pretty hot, but not ridiculously so. I did manage to get caught in the rain once this week. Here's the forecast from this past week in NYC:



So did I win in the battle against the dreaded "Frizzeeda"? Let's see:

Each night, I applied a small squirt of Hair Balm to my hair and separated it into two sections. I then pinned my hair into kitten buns (that's what I call 'em.. if they have another name, let me know! lol), covered with a scarf and proceeded to BED-fordshire!



See what I mean? Kitten Buns! LMAO

Here's how my hair looked Monday evening after work:



Not bad, huh? Here is how my hair looked on Wednesday after work:



And this is how my hair is looking tonight (AFTER riding home on the C Train with no air-conditioning!!!)



So all-in-all, I think that the Frizz Fighter Set did what it claimed it would do... While it didn't eliminate my frizzy hair entirely... I still had curl definition after a week of sweating up a storm. And most importantly... my hair didn't feel like a tumbleweed with dryness!!! As my usual ritual, I am going to finish using the set until it runs out and decide if it is ultimately worth the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment