Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, July 31, 2010

:::drools::: Tracee Ellis Ross-style for Plus Size Fashionistas (Pt. 2!!)

I wasn't going to do another fashion post until next week, but when I spotted this picture of Tracee Ellis Ross at the recent Target opening in Harlem, I knew that I had to replicate this outfit (Despite the fact that I am still mad at Target!!)



I am loving this look SO MUCH!! I would have never thought to select a patterned bag with that dress! I think it's a brilliant choice, because there's a harmony with the combination.

Truth be told that was really the incentive to try to replicate this outfit... the challenge to think outside of my comfort zone and find a similar look. Here's what I came up with:



It's amazing what brilliant ideas come out of sleep deprivation. While I am somewhat proficient in MS Paint, it never dawned on me (despite reading countless fashion blogs and seeing this done) to do a collage! LOL

For the dress I chose the Green Floral Maxi Dress by Pink Apple ($48.00, Alight). It's not a total match, pattern-wise, but I really liked that the dress incorporated some of the colors in Tracee's dress.



The bag is the Hara Embroidered Tote ($29.50, Delia*s) Again, the pattern doesn't match the dress at all, but the colors go together and the harmony I was looking for I think I was able to recreate for this look as well!



I can't see what footwear Tracee is rocking with her dress, so I decided to go with the Ecote Braided T-Strap Sandal in Green ($24.00, Urban Outfitters)


So what do you think? Was I successful in recreating Tracee's harmonious ensemble?
If you have a suggestion for the next Celebrity Style for Plus Size Fashionistas, be sure to drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment