Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Be Blessed: And Go for It!!!



"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."
~ Maya Angelou

“Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”
~ Wayne Dyer

" If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
~ Jackie "Moms" Mabley

I used to be a "could-a, would-a, should-a" girl, big time! I've regretted most in my life the amount of time I've spent sitting still and not making moves when the opportunity presented me to do just that. My instinct and intuition would say, "This is the time!!!!!". Me? I took a "Wait for it....... wait for it....." position.

In retrospect, I really shouldn't regret my inability to Carpe diem at certain moments in my life, because it has made me who I am today, and I am content with myself. But I can't help but wonder where I'd be if I had gone for certain opportunities... and if I'd be happier, wiser, stronger for making that move. I have learned to follow the promptings of my spirit when compelled to act. Sometimes I'm fearful, but I try to ignore my fears and have faith that whatever comes will ultimately be a lesson or a blessing, if not both. Below is a powerful message about this, courtesy of Iyanla Vanzant:

Can you imagine not doing what you're doing in your life right now, but doing something completely different? Something exciting, fun, even risky, like quitting your job and traveling around the world. Or working part-time and going to school full time to study scuba diving or basket weaving. Or owning your own home, business, plane or boat.

If you can imagine it, why aren't you doing it? I'll tell you why. Because the moment you think about it, you think about all the reasons you can't. "How will I pay my bills?" "Who will take care of my family?" "Where will I get money?" "What will people say?" Well, here's another question for you, How do you ever expect to be happy or at peace if you stay where you are?

If you don't allow yourself to dream, to dare, to move up, out, forward: how will you ever know what you are really capable of? Look at it this way, what's the worse that can happen? You could end up right where you started, doing exactly what you are doing.


Oh, what the heck, go for it anyway.

From Acts of Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment