Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

maniCURATIVE: Milani NEON Collection: Dude Blue



I admit that I've been a bit of a nail polish snob lately, opting for my staples O.P.I., China Glaze and Essie, ignoring the color choices available at my local drug store. I've been dying to try O.P.I./Sephora's Glee Collection color, Slushied for a hot minute now, but I haven't been able to make it over to Sephora after work to snatch it up.

Last week, I was at Duane Reade Downtown Brooklyn, when I spotted Milani's Specialty Neon Nail Lacquers in a display and thought that Dude Blue looked an awful lot like a slightly darker version Slushied.



For $4.99.. I decided it wouldn't be too much of a risk to try it out, so I laid my cash down on the counter and headed home to start my weekend rituals, part of which involved changing my nail color for the upcoming week.

OMG... what can I say about Dude Blue?!?!? I am SO IN LOVE with this color!!!! It's like having a mini mood elevator attached to your hands 24/7. Just looking at my nails made me smile! I got a TON of compliments on the color... and I really really dug the look of shock on people's faces when I told them the brand! LOL



This was my nails last Monday...(I was a bit dorky about the fact that my nails matched my straw.. which I am sure those of you who follow me on Twitter know! lol). Sorry for the picture quality, it was a cell phone shot while at work!



Here are my nails the following Friday (another crappy cell phone picture! lol) I am super duper hard on my nails (I type all day at work and type for hours when I get home doing blog stuff, tweeting and other things), so I generally get TONS of chips by the end of the week. I was astonished at how little the damage was for a Drugstore Nail Polish Brand!!! At the end of the week, I couldn't wait to reapply (Nicer pictures approaching! lol).



Step One: Fill the Gap! Smoothing Base Coat
Step Two: Milani NEON Collection: Dude Blue
Step Three: Seche Vite Dry-Fast Top Coat

(Side Note: I am SOOOOOO "Not so Much..." about No Chips Ahead Chip Free Top Coat - Plainly put: it stinks!!! It causes bubbles all over your nails which is always such a bummer!)







Here is Dude Blue just dried on my nails!! I recently snatched up some of O.P.I & Katy Perry's Shatter polish, so later this week I plan on adding it to my ring finger and thumb (Gotta rock my Blackberry Bling whenever possible) so be sure to check out the Miss Moon's Musings FaceBook Page for updated pictures.

Do you need some "Dude Blue" in your life!?!?!? Well you're in luck, because today THREE is definitely a magic number!!!

I have three bottles of Dude Blue for the first three of my Followers that leave a comment with their email address! Best of Luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd like a bottle please!
    My email is wendi.r.j@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Greetings from DC. I love your blog and I would like a bottle also! stayray19@aol.com

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. am i too late??  i would love a bottle!!!  jamiemikal13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie! Thanks so much for your interest, but unfortunately, this giveaway has ended! Be on the lookout, because I have a new giveaway coming in the next few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete